Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0

From: Piotr
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 01:01:02 +0200

Hi.

I've never heard about such need as embedding text files in the swf. Can you maybe explain to us what is the purpose of this so we could help in other way?

Piotr

2013/10/22 Lists <address@hidden>
On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 20:50:58 +0200
Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 10/17/2013 09:58 PM, lists wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 21:04:34 +0200
> > Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> >
> >> this is a question for the experts in AS2: is it possible to embed
> >> a text file into a SWF file that can be read from the AS code of
> >> that SWF file?
> >
> > In short, yes.
> >
> > See,
> >
> > http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/2/help.html?content=Part2_AS2_LangRef_1.html
> >
> > Check,
> >
> >  - Learning ActionScript 2.0 in Adobe Flash
> >
> >    - Working with Text and Strings
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Chris.
>
> I couldn’t check this before, but I’m afraid that I cannot find
> anything that suggests that text files can be embedded in a SWF file.

No, but you can create a Text Object that can contain a text file, then
read/manipulate that,  It all depends on how complicated your text file
is.  You can usually throw in basic control codes, such as in CR/LF, or
else go for supported HTML tags.

> External text files can be read from SWF files, but this isn’t what
> I’m looking for.

I know. But that wasn't my drift.

Chris.