Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 21:29:51 +0100

On 10/23/2013 01:01 AM, Piotr wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've never heard about such need as embedding text files in the swf. Can
> you maybe explain to us what is the purpose of this so we could help in
> other way?

Many thanks for your reply and your request for more clarity on my
needs, Piotr.

Well, I’ll try to explain it briefly.

I’m interested in providing a method to generate Flash presentations
with synced audio (http://www.free-culture.tk is one example). This
method has the benefits of smaller size and higher quality.

Of course, the Flash file is generated with swfc. I want to release the
script (with another Python script to generate the final presentation)
under the GNU GPL. (The idea is further explained at
http://www.iraccoonshow.tk).

The issue is that the slide-transition times contained in the .sc script
would require all presentations to be released under the GNU GPL.

Because of this issue, I need to be able to embed a text file in the
SWF, that cannot be part of the .sc file.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk