[Synaptic-devel] Bugzilla for Synaptic

From: Warren Togami
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Bugzilla for Synaptic
Date: 10 Mar 2003 00:08:57 -1000

Hi folks,

I noticed that this project doesn't use Savannah's bug tracker (IMHO it
is not a good bug tracker).  I am wondering if Synaptic would benefit
from a public, good bug tracking system like Bugzilla.

Bugzilla would do a great job of tracking long-term TODO tasks for
Synaptic development.  It would also make it easier for users to query
for "Known bugs" so they don't need to complain on the list.  Unlike
mailing lists, details wont be lost and tasks can be prioritized.

I am willing to host Synaptic as another "product" in the Fedora
Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.fedora.us.  It would be a separate from the
Fedora distribution with no official ties to the Fedora project.

Would the project welcome this?

Thanks,
Warren Togami
address@hidden