[Synaptic-devel] Fix broken packages

From: Andrey Tarassov
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Fix broken packages
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:18:50 +0200

Hi!

I have noticed some strange behaviour when using the "Fix broken packages" feature. I tried to remove the libgnome package by calling:

rpm -e libgnome --nodeps

Then I started synaptic and apparently received a warning about broken packages. Then I tried "Fix broken packages" and synaptic suggested to remove all those packages that depend on libgnome. I guess that's not a user-friendly solution ;-)

On the contrary, when you try to run "apt-get -f install", apt-get would offer you to install libgnome package that is missing. This looks like a more correct behaviour for me.

What do you guys think about it?

Thanks,

Andrey

P.S> I am using synaptic 0.47.