Re: [Synaptic-devel] Opera 7.50?

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Opera 7.50?
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:43:53 +0100

Am Sa, den 24.01.2004 schrieb Albert um 16:13:
> Apparently I shot my mouth off too early.  There is in fact a 7.50.  But
> I am still curious about the Warning under the expert tab.  Will 7.50
> install OK on stock SuSE 9.0?

The concept of the expert tab is very simple: if you are no expert,
don't use it :) In the expert tab you can modify the "internal" package
selection mechanism. So this should only be done, if you know what you
are doing.

Another point is that you can also do downgrades with the expert tab.
But this is a broken feature which is not natively supported by the
package manager backend (apt) used by synaptic. This is why there is
this warning.

I would suggest to just click "install" in the package control area or
via the context menu :)

Does Opera ship with SuSE 9.0 or do use a third parity repository?

Regards,

Sebastian