Re: [Synaptic-devel] Opera 7.50?

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Opera 7.50?
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:11:15 +0100

Hi Albert,

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 09:13:20AM -0600, Albert wrote:
> Apparently I shot my mouth off too early.  There is in fact a 7.50.  But
> I am still curious about the Warning under the expert tab.  Will 7.50
> install OK on stock SuSE 9.0?

I don't know about SuSE and Opera (I use neither of them). But the
warning is there for a different reason. The "Available versions" tab
shows all versions that are known to the synaptic. Synaptic (or more
specific apt) chooses one "canidate version" out of this
versions. This canidate is then used if you choose to install or
upgrade the package. This "Available versions" tab allows you to
override the choice of the candiate version. This allows for example
downgrade of packages. And this is indeed something that should be
considered carefull :)

I hopes this clarifies this a bit.

bye,
 Michael