[Synaptic-devel] checkboxes to confirm the upgrade of packages

From: Unknown Killer
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] checkboxes to confirm the upgrade of packages
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:57:29 +0100

Hello,

1.
In the window (titled "Summary") where you click on the button "Show details",
you can see the packages that are
going to be updated/installed. You know, where the packages names are in bold
letters..

I think this list ofpackages should be a table, like the one of the main
display of Synaptic (where you see rows
titled "S - Package - Installed Version - Latest Version - Size -
Description"). This would be clearer than the
actual display.

2.
Too, the first row of this table could be titled "Confirm" and for each package
that will be uploaded/installed (on
each line) there could be a checkbox (enabled by default). This way, the user
of Synaptic could be able to upgrade
his/her whole system while choosing the packages to be updated and select the
ones he/she doesn't want to.

I propose this feature because on my Debian unstable, I wanted to install Grub
(the boot loader) and there was 2
available versions, the 0.93-cvs (which is buggy here (I kept getting stage 1.5
errors 18 with it)) and the 0.91-2
from the debian cdrom.  In the expert tab, I was able to choose this one and
everything worked fine.
But now, each time I want to upgrade my system, Synaptic tries to upgrade Grub
to 0.93-cvs.

I hope I was clear in my descriptions (english is not my natural born language).

E-mail, Dialogue en direct et SMS gratuits sur minitel : 3615 CARAMAIL