Re: [Synaptic-devel] Scroll Bar Click Goes to End of List Not Next Page

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Scroll Bar Click Goes to End of List Not Next Page
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 09:42:38 +0100

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 10:07:50AM -0700, Lee Gold wrote:
> Hi,
Hi,

> I am a Synaptic user. Xubuntu 14.04, Synaptic 0.81.1.
>
> When I click in the scroll bar it goes to almost the end of the list. Is
> there a way to set it to just go to the next page? So in a long list it
> takes huge leaps and I need just the next page to drill down and find
> stuff - I really prefer this and think it used to go just a page  but
> changed at some point.

I don't have a xubuntu 14.04 right now to reproduce. When I test this
on my 16.04 alpha system I see that clicking on the scrollbar moves
you to the point that was clicked to.

Is the scrollbar behavior in synaptic different than the behavior of
other gtk apps (like e.g. gedit if you open a huge text file)? I don't
think we do anything special with the scrollbars, i.e. we use what the
gtk toolkit provides us.

Cheers,
 Michael