Re: perlpod conversion

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: perlpod conversion
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:05:00 -0700

    It would be a bit redundant with http://perldoc.perl.org/,

Ah, I didn't notice they were distributing full html+pdf now.  Ok, in
that case, I think we should just provide Info (and Texinfo :).  Don't
want to "compete" with them.

    Maybe we should wait for the issue above to be fixed in Pod::Simple,
    however?

Is there any ETA?  Is there even recognition that it is a bug to be
fixed?  I got the impression from your previous message that there was
little interest in the issues.

Anyway, it's not like our version will be official or "stable" in any
way, so it doesn't seem like a big issue to me if names change.

    So, I'd propose chopping names at 250

Sounds good.

Thanks,