Re: perlpod conversion

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: perlpod conversion
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 00:57:06 +0200

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 02:10:10PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Patrice,
>
> But here is my next request (sorry): can you easily add a variable to
> make the output be suitable as an @included file, instead of turning
> each pod into its own .texi?

Trying it unveiled a fair share of bugs.  All should be fixed now.

Also

  perl5142delta.pod

is a link to perldelta.pod, so you could have to remove the link in order
to proceed with all the files while avoiding duplicate nodes.

I attach the script I use, and also an enhanced script to convert each
.pod to a standalone texi.

There are still some issues, one is the incorrect handling of X<> in title
bu PullParser, that I reported and will hopefully be fixed.

The other issue is that there are some automatic anchors with only the
first word of an =item added automatically.  I tried to raise that issue
on the pod-people mailing list, but there was some discussion but no
definitive decision (or I missed something).

--
Pat