Re: menu reformatting

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: menu reformatting
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 16:06:09 -0700

    That is children first output of all the menus in the document?

Right.  You can check texinfo.txi for a real-life case.  It should be up
to date now, unless Emacs made a mistake.

    > 2b) other menus in tp: didn't see anything for this.  Am I missing it?

    The tree transformation 'complete_tree_nodes_menus' should do that.

As far as I could tell that created entire new menus when they were
missing, rather than updating existing ones.  (It was a no-op when I ran
it.)  But come to think of it, maybe there was nothing to update except
in the master menu, because alignment at column X wasn't part of it.  Ok.

    You mean, add spaces up to some alignement, taking into account how
    Info would format the nodes?  This could be doable, sure, and
    certainly not complicated.

That's exactly what I mean.  That would be great.  It would save me a
lot of time manually editing all the descriptions to make them align
again. The default column should be 32 (it's
texinfo-column-for-description in Emacs).

Thanks,