Re: menu reformatting

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: menu reformatting
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 02:49:15 +0100

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 04:06:09PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:

>     You mean, add spaces up to some alignement, taking into account how
>     Info would format the nodes?  This could be doable, sure, and
>     certainly not complicated.
>
> That's exactly what I mean.  That would be great.  It would save me a
> lot of time manually editing all the descriptions to make them align
> again. The default column should be 32 (it's
> texinfo-column-for-description in Emacs).

There is a new tree transformation for that: indent_menus_descriptions.
The column numbers is TEXINFO_COLUMN_FOR_DESCRIPTION.

Could you please check that the indentation is correct and not one-off?
Or just sed me an example of what should be the output with a given
TEXINFO_COLUMN_FOR_DESCRIPTION value.

--
Pat