Re: info/t/dir-dangling-entry.sh hang on netbsd

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: info/t/dir-dangling-entry.sh hang on netbsd
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 00:15:05 GMT

    Anyway, I've attached a patch for a different approach.

It sounds like a good approach, but sadly, I get the same D hang on
netbsd after the patch.  (I don't know yet if using mkfifo helps, but
I'm not especially hopeful.)

I was surprised but happy that there were no problems with the original
code (without the patch) on openbsd.  I have not yet been able to try
freebsd.

I asked my friend if he could set up access on those systems for you.
If possible, it will probably be a few days.

    this seems only to be easy when they are in a straight line and in a
    single direction.

Quite true ... the nature of two-way communication is that deadlock is
awfully easy ...

Best,
Karl