Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt

From: Marciano Siniscalchi
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 12:03:27 -0400

At 05:54 PM 8/1/2002 +0200, you wrote:
To summary, yes, it is possible to licence TeXmacs under the GPL even if is use QT, if we add an exception outside the GPL.

Yes, that sounds right to me, too. IANAL, but I do have some experience with contracts, and the GPL FAQ is sufficiently explicit.

A drawback of this is that we have to ask copyright owner's permission if we want to incorporate code of GPL programs into the TeXmacs code.

This seems to apply to Guile only, right Joris?

Note that, however, in order to use Qt/Win32 *VERSION 3*, somebody has to purchase a license. Qt-noncomm. is only available in version 2.3, which is (in many respects, as I understand) inferior. So, not all is well...

Marciano Siniscalchi Department of Economics, 309 Fisher Hall
tel: (609) 258-4024  Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544-1021
fax: (609) 258-6419  http://www.princeton.edu/~marciano