Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt

From: Frédéric Parrenin
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 18:42:50 +0200

Finally, why Trolltech did not release QT-win32 under the GPL ?
It does not change their benefits, because they make money only on commercial softwares...
I don't understand that.

Regards.

               Frédéric

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

A drawback of this is that we have to ask copyright owner's permission if we want to incorporate code of GPL programs into the TeXmacs code.
This seems to apply to Guile only, right Joris?

Yes, and to all contributions to TeXmacs (well, if such a contribution
consists of more than a few lines :^). For instance, we have to ask
the permission to all translators of the TeXmacs menus.