Re: [Texmacs-dev] Mathematics as a drawing; clipboard; a motto

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Mathematics as a drawing; clipboard; a motto
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 18:37:45 +0200

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 04:24:42PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> > Joris say "the convention I like should be the default" and I say "the
> > convention used everywhere the GUI is not a mess should be used, and
> > your personal preference should be the default". But it does not look
> > like I am going to convince him.
>
> You are deliberately deforming what I say.

That is right. :-)

And actually I even deformed my own saying: I think your preference
should *not* be the default.

> > > TeXmacs. Writing is a pleasure.
> >
> > The topic in #texmacs is currently "Word processing for real geeks".
> > That is tailored to the public of OpenProjects.net :-)
>
> I prefer Alvaro's proposal.

As always, it depends on the public your are talking to. I agree that
Alvaro's proposal is better for "general consumption", but I think it
is not really in the fun-loving spirit of places like
OpenProjects.net, where basically anyone is a geek or a tourist.

--

                             -- David --