[Texmacs-dev] Re: Privacy considerations

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Privacy considerations
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:18:33 +0200 (CEST)

All temporary files are now created in ~/.TeXmacs/system and
most of them in ~/.TeXmacs/system/tmp.

Now I agree more or less with what you say below.
However, I don't know of any safe Unix command which
creates temporary file names for me.
Notice nevertheless that you may make ~/.TeXmacs/system/tmp
a symbolic link to whatever safe directory you want...

There are a few circumstances where people may want to
inspect their temporary files though. For instance,
when compiling a bibliography and something goes wrong,
then the current solution allows us to inspect
the temporary files...