[Texmacs-dev] Temporary file creation (was: Privacy considerations)

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Temporary file creation (was: Privacy considerations)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:05:56 +0200

Sorry, I just realized after searching the web, that this already has been
discussed on this list a while ago:
        http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/texmacs-dev/2003-02/msg00061.html

From that point of view, I would clearly suggest to
1) use tmpname to create a name for a *subdirectory* in /tmp
2) create that directory with restrictive permissions
3) make sure that the permissions are correct and it really is a directory
(and not a symlink, etc.)
4) do whatever you like within the directory without having to worry about
filenames