Re: [Texmacs-dev] replicating the "image not found" bug

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] replicating the "image not found" bug
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:11:25 +0100

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 03:54:03PM +0100, Andreas Seidl wrote:

> I used 1.0.3.3 under cygwin.
>
> # in your home directory
> cd
> mkdir foo
> cd foo
> wget http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/texmacs/ex2a.eps
> # wget http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/texmacs/circles-xy.fig
> # wget http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/texmacs/01.jpg

Actually all files should be downloaded.

> cd ..
> texmacs foo/bar.tm &
> # insert the image circles-xy.fig
> # delete the image from your document again
> # save your file (C-x C-s)
> # insert the image again, you should see the "image not found" error

At this point, trying to insert any of the tree images will cause the
error.

If one quit texmacs and start it again with the same command line (with
foo/bar.tm already existing), then the error will occur for both the jpg
and the eps but not the fig.

> - if texmacs is executed in the foo directory instead of the home
> directory, the bug does not occur

Ack.

> - the bug does not depend on the home directoy, I reproduced it for /tmp
> as well

I did not tested that one. But it seems plausible.

Thanks for the accurate bug report. Unfortunately, I am not going to
have the time to fix this in the near future.

You could put the procedure on the savannah bug tracker, so it would be
easy to find when someone volunteer to fix that.

--
                                                            -- ddaa