[Texmacs-dev] non-member postings on texmacs-dev

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] non-member postings on texmacs-dev
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:12:24 +0100

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 07:19:49PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> David: can you change the mailing-list permissions such that
> extern messages to address@hidden will be submitted to you,
> so that you can post them unless they are spam?

I have set generic_nonmember_action to "Hold", so I will be able to
inform posters that now, they need to register.

Note that I will _not_ post messages from unregistered users. People who
post to texmacs-dev (and expect answers) should subscribe to the mailing
list and read the traffic there. I have set the mailman to override the
"Reply-To" header to point the the mailing list and I intend to leave it
that way.

People who do not want to receive messages from the mailing list for
some reason (like reading the mailing list by a news gateway or in the
archives) can take an extra action to set the "nomail" flag of their
account configuration.

--
                                                            -- ddaa