Re: [Texmacs-dev] non-member postings on texmacs-dev

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] non-member postings on texmacs-dev
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 12:26:46 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, David Allouche wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 07:19:49PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > David: can you change the mailing-list permissions such that
> > extern messages to address@hidden will be submitted to you,
> > so that you can post them unless they are spam?
>
> I have set generic_nonmember_action to "Hold", so I will be able to
> inform posters that now, they need to register.
>
> Note that I will _not_ post messages from unregistered users. People who
> post to texmacs-dev (and expect answers) should subscribe to the mailing
> list and read the traffic there. I have set the mailman to override the
> "Reply-To" header to point the the mailing list and I intend to leave it
> that way.
>
> People who do not want to receive messages from the mailing list for
> some reason (like reading the mailing list by a news gateway or in the
> archives) can take an extra action to set the "nomail" flag of their
> account configuration.

This convention is OK for individuals who post messages.
However, it sometimes happens that messages on other lists
(like the maxima mailing list) are also interesting for us.
In that case, we cannot expect all maxima users to suscribe
to texmacs-dev and it is more reasonable to accept such messages.