Style files (was Re: [Texmacs-dev] Ping!)

From: Amit Dubey
Subject: Style files (was Re: [Texmacs-dev] Ping!)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:02:41 +0200

Dear Joris & list,

I would be very interested in style file importing. I also have an interest in better compatibility with bibtex style files. I am willing to contribute code for the latter. I am in the last (somewhat stressed) stages of writing my dissertation, and I'd like to fix some things that don't seem to be working very well for me. Most importantly, I'd like to be able to make citations using the following guidelines:

http://www.english.uiuc.edu/cws/wworkshop/APA/intextcite.html

Several months ago, I sent a message to the users list asking if this was already possible, but got no replies... I assume it is not. I haven't yet had a chance to look very closely at the code, though. But I do plan to do so soon... If anyone could send some tips on where to start looking, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Amit Dubey

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

Yes, and I even have good news for you: we will soon start working on
porting LaTeX style file to TeXmacs, so as to get a better compatability,
at least for frequently used journal styles. I also notice that parameters
for page layout have been improved quite a lot in the meantime,
so I hope that we can soon have a discussion of your one-year-old patch.
I will be attending a conference next week and start working on these
issues around the 10th of july.

Best wishes, Joris