[Texmacs-dev] Updated Windows Version

From: Dan Martens
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Updated Windows Version
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:53:07 -0400

Hello Everyone,

First off, I have to thank everyone who has been patient and engaged in testing the development releases.  It is very much appreciated, keep it up :)

I have posted update 0.4 in the windows unstable download section.  This version includes the following fixes:

1) MikTeX compilation of fonts has been restored (sorry about the break, it was a stupid little issue with slashes)
2) Character clipping FINALLY works correctly :)
3) AltGr finally works as well as other dead keys
4) The non-administrator startup error discovered by Shatadal has been fixed and TeXmacs can now be run under a user account.
5) Mouse scroll wheel support has been implemented.
6) The archive is now in .exe format for auto-extraction.  The installer version will follow when development reaches a stable state.
7) Socket support is present, but not tested.  (Joris, is there any method to test this without plugins?)

There are some known problems with some characters being displayed (ie. ~ and others). I am currently looking into this issue and hope to get it solved soon.
As well, the older issues of menus not closing automatically when items are selected and the crash when a word search is performed are still present.

Thanks goes to Andreas for his Nullsoft installer script.  I will be using this system instead of installshield in the future.

Please check it out and post any bugs or issues to the normal lists.

If someone has the time, could they please attempt to interface a package such as Pari with wintexmacs and let me know of the results.
I am going to do this myself in the future, but I am too busy fixing other issues to try it yet.  This would be a great help.

Dan Martens
Western I.T. Group Inc.
Voice 519-936-8985
Cell 519-495-7267