[Texmacs-dev] RE: [TeXmacs] Updated Windows Version

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] RE: [TeXmacs] Updated Windows Version
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 22:32:20 -0400

Dan Martens,

Do you have a list of previously reported bugs available
somewhere? I downloaded your version from yesterday. BTW,
could you please include a link to the package when you
post a notice. I tried it under Windows XP SP2 and I noticed
a few problems but I am not sure what to report. A bug
submission list like on Savannah would be nice :)

The main problem that I have right now is that I do not
seem to be able to print. There is not function (as found
in most other windows apps) to select a printer, but I
made sure that my usual printer was default and tried to
print a small TeXmacs document. It just seemed to do
nothing. Or am I missing some configuration step?

Has anyone succeeded in running an external session like
Maple or Reduce? I do not see either Maple or Reduce listed
under Insert/Session (only Scheme). I can run them both from
an icon on the desktop. A lot of things under Windows often
are not accessible from the PATH by default even when they
are installed correctly, e.g. Maple. I notice also that the
reduce plugin in the WinTexnmacs directory seems to assume
one can run a unix shell script. Maybe it will work under
Cygwin or MinGW/Msys, but it seems doubtful. Anyway, I will
continue to try to find and configure an external session
that works with WinTexmacs. Updating the session plugins
for Windows seems like it's going to be a significant task
in itself.

I noticed a peculiar behaviour where any menu pop-ups
which might be open when you change context to another
window remain visible on top of the new current window.
Not a big deal, but is seems messy and non-windowish.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Bill Page.