Re: [Texmacs-dev] Postscript image too big? - help

From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Postscript image too big? - help
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:39:10 +0200 (CEST)

> /home/alv/local/share/TeXmacs/progs/kernel/texmacs/tm-convert.scm:151:3:
> > Argument 1 out of range: 33340816
>
> It seems that Guile is responsable for this...
>
> Please re-ask your question on the mailing lists of Guile and
> ask whether there is a build-it limit for the sizes of strings,
> which would be bad, but possible.

Ok, I need to try this, but I have not much time left and the answer might be
slow to come.

> If you are in a hurry, I recommend to convert your image into one
> of a slightly lower resolution, if possible.

I am unlucky, the structures appearing are very fine and I cannot therefore
escape this order of magnitude in the size of the plot. The only other
possibility (but it involves a great deal of work) would be to break up the
image into a mosaic, and place all the bits together inside a TeXmacs figure.

I also have to present a poster, and again the problem will be the same, I fear.

 If your image is linked,
> then you may also try direct exportation to Postscript or Pdf.
> Maybe things will be OK in the generated file.

No luck, it doesn't work

> But please also ask about the size limit for strings.

I tried inclusion of it as a PDF file (now only 9M due to compression) and it
balked a similar error message.

/home/alv/local/share/TeXmacs/progs/kernel/texmacs/tm-convert.scm:151:3:
Argument 1 out of range: 22824833

but with a different number, maybe it is useful as a new provisory upper bound
in the allowed length of the string?

'Alvaro.

--
Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Arnold Sommerfeld Center for Theoretical Physics