Re: [Texmacs-dev] Postscript image too big? - help

From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Postscript image too big? - help
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:06:17 +0200 (CEST)

Quoting Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>:

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 05:39:10PM +0200, Alvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:
> > > If you are in a hurry, I recommend to convert your image into one
> > > of a slightly lower resolution, if possible.
> >
> > I am unlucky, the structures appearing are very fine and I cannot
> therefore
> > escape this order of magnitude in the size of the plot. The only
> other
> > possibility (but it involves a great deal of work) would be to break
> up the
> > image into a mosaic, and place all the bits together inside a TeXmacs
> figure.
>
> Can you please make the image available on the web. This will allow
> me to play around with it and I will try to quickly find a solution.
> I might try to see whether I can bypass scheme and remain entirely
> inside C++.
> This should be possible, since we are dealing with postscript
> graphics,
> which require no conversions.

I just managed to produce a much smaller version ~2M that will be sufficient
(fortunately!). Although for less complex figures contour plots yield smaller
files, for the ones I was plotting now density plots are better.

I also received one suggestion to rasterize the postscript images through gs,
though I didn't try it.

I can, still, make an image of this kind available on the web for debugging
purposes.

I am very thankful for your assistance,

'Alvaro.