thotbook-dev

Re: [Thotbook-dev] Info?

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: Re: [Thotbook-dev] Info?
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 23:02:38 +0200

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 05:22:02PM -0400, foobar? wrote:
> Ok. what i was considering is simply using the existing amaya codebase as
> a beginning. seeing as it already support SVG and MathML, which are a part
> of the docbook spec.
>
> Did anybody look into this approach at all? I don't want to duplicate any
> work, but i really feel it's time for a docbook editor, even if it is a
> hack.

But as I understand it, most of the support for SVG and MathML is done
using ThotLib, so yes, the idea was to reuse at least this part of
Amaya, along with thotlib which is the heart of it all.

The choice to work using thoteditor to start with was just so that we
could start working on docbook proper, and show some screenshots to
show people there is really something started, in the hope to attract
more developpers.  The real thing is supposed to be an amaya-like app.

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <address@hidden>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique