thug

Re: [Thug] WebPage

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: [Thug] WebPage
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 07:02:04 -0700

I'm not terribly good at visual stuff, but I'm almost thinking a
collection of 3 "posters":

1) Simply an 8.5"x11" picture of the Hurd logo.  Maybe with a GNU in
the corner.  Possibly with the thug email address in the corner too.

2) A paraphrase of the famous announcement:

Do you pine for the nice days of Minix-1.1, when men were men and
wrote their own device drivers? Are you without a nice project and
just dying to cut your teeth on a OS you can try to modify for your
needs? Are you finding it frustrating when everything works on Minix?
No more all-nighters to get a nifty program working? Then this post
might be just for you.

with the Hurd logo taking up half the page, thug email address on the corner.

3) The grand statement: "This is the Hurd.  Welcome" and some
information about some of our goals with contact information, The Hurd
logo in just the corner, etc...

(Just ideas, figure we may as well throw as many as we can out...)

--
Abandon the search for truth; settle for a good fantasy.