tiger-user

Re: [Tiger-user] Iso9660 unknown?

From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
Subject: Re: [Tiger-user] Iso9660 unknown?
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:39:11 +0200

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

Hallo

is that list still living?

Sure it is.

I find tiger as very usefull tool and i would wonder if it is dying or dead. (someone seems to work on it ;-))

Well, some of us are still working on it, as you can see from the CVS logs.

It seems to be very diffecult to subscribe to the list.
That might explain why there so few(to be exact: zero) traffic on the list.

I wasn't aware of these issues, I'll take a look at this and see where does the problem reside. I can tell you that the issue with moderation is that there are just too many spam messages in it so I don't filter them often enough.

One question:
tiger (debian distribution) complaints about the iso file system:

--CONFIG-- [con010c] Filesystem iso9660 used by
/DEBIAN/sarge-i386-1.iso is not recognised as a local filesystem

Christopher already described how can you fix that. In any case, it's not an error, just a warning. If you run 'tigexp con010c' you should get some information as to what it refers to. Tiger is just telling you that it will not review that filesystem (which is, obviously, a CD-ROM) for some of the stuff that it looks for in filesystems (setuid/setgif files, files writable by all users) since it's not a local filesystem.

I have introduced that recently to make people aware of what filesystems are not being reviewed, but if others feel that those messages should not be shown to the end user (or in the reports) i will remove them.

Regards

Javier