Re: [Tinycc-devel] Segmentation fault compiling jslong.c

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Segmentation fault compiling jslong.c
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 01:24:33 -0400

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 02:01:45AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> Where would I find info on the legal status of these drafts?  I'd love to
> mirror both versions on kernel.org/doc but not if I can't nail down that the
> terms are...

college) doesn't have doesn't have any copyright or distribution
notice on it.  Digging around, I find this document from ISO about
their copyright policy:

http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink/4230281/Guidelines_and_policies_for_the_protection_of_ISO_s_intellectual_property_ISO_GEN_09.pdf

According to Annex 1 (1.4), their policy for draft documents is:

  While the reproduction of working drafts or committee drafts in any
  form for use by participants in the ISO standards development
  process is permitted without prior permission from ISO, neither [the
  draft] nor any extract from it may be reproduced, stored or
  transmitted in any form for any other purpose without prior written
  permission from ISO.

My very limited experience from the sidelines has been that what they
really care about are the for-pay final Standards, and drafts are
passed around without raising any complaint.  Mirroring at kernel.org
does however sound like "other purpose" and would technically require
permission -- which they might be reluctant to give since they don't
really want people relying on possibly outdated drafts as an
implementation reference.

                                                  -Dave Dodge