Re: [Tinycc-devel] New configure arguments?

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] New configure arguments?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 13:34:23 +0200

Barath Aron wrote:
Hi,

It is okay to add a few extra configure arguments [1]?
I'm working on an OS that does not support a few features (yet). Such as: long double, stuff needed for "tcc -run" and stuff needed for bound check.

I'd say general unspoken requirement for commits to tinycc git
is a certain public interest.

So, my solution is to disable them during the configuration. I have a patch for that, but I don't want to commit it until I know it is okay or not.

+  --no-long-double) no_long_double="yes"
+  ;;

Sigh, a few days ago I committed a patch that removed most of
those variables in favor of the single "confvars" list.

Experts might just do this:

    $ NATIVE_DEFINES="-DCONFIG_LDOUBLES=0 -D..." make

Also you might create a "config-cross.mak" (see make help)
with contents

    DEF-x86_64 += -DCONFIG_LDOUBLES=0
or
    DEFINES += -DCONFIG_LDOUBLES=0

(Hm, maybe a reason to rethink the name "config-cross.mak")

--- grischka