tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Tlf-0.9.0 beta with integrated voice keyer !!!

From: rein couperus PA0RCT
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Tlf-0.9.0 beta with integrated voice keyer !!!
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:52:29 +0200

Hello folks,

from the change in the version number it should be clear that there are again
some new goodies int tlf... As you know, I only do CW, but playing with the
new tlf really makes a lot of fun.  At least I need the cwdaemon to switch
the PTT line :-)

From the README:

tlf-0.9.0
==========

- Added experimental voice keyer support for soundcards, based on the sox
package.
        The voice keyer works as soon as the mode is SSB and you have nominated
at
least 1 sound file.

- added parameters to logcfg.dat for the voice keyer. They are .:

#################################
#                               #
#  Voice Keyer Files            #
#    (F1 to F12)                #
#################################
#
VKM1=cq.wav
VKM2=
VKM3=/home/rein/tlf/rst.wav
VKM4=/home/rein/tlf/qsl.wav
VKM5=/home/rein/tlf/73.wav
VKM6=/home/rein/tlf/call.wav
VKM7=
VKM8=
VKM9=/home/rein/tlf/agn.wav
VKM10=/home/rein/tlf/qrz.wav
VKM11=/home/rein/tlf/spreturn.wav
VKM12=/home/rein/tlf/cq.au
VKSPR=/home/rein/tlf/spreturn.wav (S&P return message)
VKCWR=/home/rein/tlf/qsl.wav    (CQ mode return message)
#

- You have to prepare your files off line. As tlf uses sox, most audio files
can be played.

- You can test the voice keyer capability with "play audiofile.xx".
        If that works you are o.k. I have used sox-12.17 for testing.

- The voice keyer uses the same qso logic as TRlog in cw, you only have to say
        the call and press ENTER twice... (if the exchange is standard, like in
the
cqww)

- If you want to use the PTT line, the cwdaemon must run as well.

- You have to invent your own hardware interface to the trx (there are
numerous
examples floating around the net...)

** comments please **

73,