tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Logfile format

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Logfile format
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 20:41:58 +0100

Hello Jim,

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 08:54:59AM -0500, Jim Bruce wrote:
> I'm not sure if the version matters but I was using the 1.2 pre tlf version
> for ARRL SS phone this weekend and added notes in it. At a break I opened
> the raw logfile and it opened with notepad and I edited the log and removed
> the note (alt-n) entries. Upon restarting tlf it complained that the file
> was corrupt and wanted to make a backup which it did. It opens the log file
> and shows a correct section count but the scoring is now incorrect.

If you have saved the logfile with "Notepad" (on Windows), then
possible that saved it with Windows-style-EOL: \r\n, instead of
standard Unix format, simple \n.

At this case, the lenght of line will longer with one character,
that breaks Tlf.

On Linux you can cut the unnecessary chars from the end of lines:

tr -d "\015" < logfile_saved_with_notepad.log > logfile_current

> What is the format/spacing between each data (ser#, section, time, etc) for
> each line for the logs? Is there a way to fix this as the log submission
> windows are now shorter.

see format in source, if you interest:

src/log_to_disk.c
src/makelogline.c - this one has a big comment the top of the
                    file, but it's very outdated

73,

Ervin
HA2OS