tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] tlf-1.2.0 install

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] tlf-1.2.0 install
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 23:23:36 +0100

Hi Tom,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 09:39:39PM +0000, Tom wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I am installing tlf 1.2.0 on a Suse 11.3 computer.  Two
> issues:
>
> 1)  focm.c does not compile.  g_hash_add is not found when
> referenced in get_nr_country        I got around this by
> commenting out the subroutine and returning a value of 1 (one)
> from the subroutine.

g_hash_add? Did you mean g_hash_table_add()?

May be your glib is a slightly old... This function is came in to
Glib in version 2.32 - may be I'm wrong, but in SuSE 11.3 the
libglib version is 2.24. You can check it some kine of this way:

rpm -qa | grep glib

I don't remember exactly - I'm sorry.

I don't know, how could you upgrade the libglib on this SuSE. One
of my Ubuntu box I had to upgrade the full OS.

> 2)  when I try to start tlf with packetcluster support, I get
> a Segmentation fault.  tlf initiates far enough to tell me to
> Use ":" to go to tlf !!    before it faults.  The DXSpider
> node (my node in my shack, and reached over my lan) receives
> the login request, but nothing else.
>
> Any help with the cluster support would be appreciated.

first, try to use the "default" cluster node:

# Cluster: PI4TUE (Eindhoven)
TELNETHOST=131.155.192.179
TELNETPORT=8000
# automatic login ###############
CLUSTERLOGIN=WB8ZRL

And may be the "CLUSTER_LOG" directive will helps to catch the
error - try to use it in logcfg.dat, and see what lines will
comes to there. Here is my clusterlog:

Welcome to TLF telnet
logged into cluster...
Hello Ervin, this is PI5EHV-8 in Eindhoven, Holland
running DXSpider V1.55 build 0.136
running DXSpider V1.55 build 0.136
=> List all COMMANDS: ? all   Additional HELP: help <command>, e.g. help sh/dx
=> List all COMMANDS: ? all   Additional HELP: help <command>, e.g. help sh/dx
=> Access to the cluster via
=>   internet: 131.155.192.179 port 8000
=>   ampr.org: 44.137.24.19    port 8000

GL, 73:

Ervin
HA2OS

--