tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Bugs....cannot complete autoreconf

From: w9ya
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Bugs....cannot complete autoreconf
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:09:51 -0700

Hey all;

I *am* able to successfully compile and package v. 1.2.2 but cannot
compile either 1.2.3 or 1.2.4.5. (I didn't try any of the releases
between those two.)

I am getting the code from the github repo in all cases

To wit, here's that last few lines of where the PKGBUILD ( the
packaging "recipe" which is attached below).:

"
 address@hidden tlf]$ tail tlf-1.2.3-1-x86_64-build.log
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.16... yes
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... yes (version 2.50.2)
checking for NcursesW wide-character library... yes
checking for working ncursesw/curses.h... no
checking for working ncursesw.h... no
checking for working ncurses.h... yes
checking for Curses Panel library with ncursesw/panel.h... no
configure: error: the Curses Panel library is required
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
address@hidden tlf]$
"

*** Here's a few bits of additional info;

address@hidden tlf]$ pacman -Qo /usr/include/panel.h
/usr/include/panel.h is owned by ncurses 6.0+20161224-1
address@hidden tlf]$

SO....*If* I am reading the Changelog correctly this "bug" was
introduced on 15-dec-2015 .

Anyways, The comments in the code indicate that this *should NOT* be a
problem, so I am not exactly sure what is causing this. (Then again I
am writing this email prior to doing anything much more than finding
the problem.)

es vy 73 om de bob w9ya