toutdoux-list

Re: [ToutDoux-list] toutdoux translations and translation projects

From: Christian Rose
Subject: Re: [ToutDoux-list] toutdoux translations and translation projects
Date: 20 Feb 2003 22:41:22 +0100

tor 2003-02-20 klockan 16.50 skrev Mathieu Roy:
> > As a result, we've agreed on:
> >
> > 1) Translations of software present in GNOME cvs should be handled by
> > the GNOME Translation Project (GTP). Important GNOME software or
> > software that wants in other ways to be considered a part of GNOME
> > should use (or move to) the GNOME cvs anyway; there are many other
> > development benefits of using the same cvs for software under the same
> > project umbrella.
>
> Important GNU projects should be in the GNU cvs anyway; there are many
> other development benefits of using the same cvs for software under
> the same project umbrella.

There's no need to play word games here. If you don't think your
software is GNOME software (and hence don't want to use GNOME cvs) but
rather fits better in the wider GNU arena and on Savannah, just tell me
that, and that you hence want to use the Translation Project. I'm just
trying to list the translation project options here; there's no need to
feel offended. Just tell me what you want and which translation project
you'd like to use, so we know what we should do with the existing
translations and where we should direct translators in the future.

> > 2) Translations of all other software should be handled by the
> > Translation Project (TP). The TP has a much better infrastructure
> > for handling of translations of software from many development
> > sources anyway.
> >
> > This among other things means that we are starting to phase out the
> > "extra-po" directory in GNOME cvs where toutdoux has been located
> > until now.
> >
> > So, we need to know how to proceed. The decision is up to you -- are you
> > moving to GNOME and want to use the GNOME cvs, or are you more
> > comfortable with toutdoux being independantly developed as it is
> > now?
> > In the first case, we should help you apply for a cvs account
> > (http://developer.gnome.org/doc/policies/accounts/) etc., in the second
> > case we should help you set up toutdoux in the TP
> > (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/maintainers.html) and
> > import existing translations there.
> >
> > Opinions/Decisions/Comments?
>
> Can you resend this mail to address@hidden He was forced to put
> toutdoux development in stand by for a long long time as he now work
> as a teacher.

Will do. Thanks,

Christian