Re: New Tramp with uuencode on Windows

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: New Tramp with uuencode on Windows
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:53:15 +0200

Douglas Gray Stephens <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks.  VM can use the uuencode.exe that comes with the GNU share
> file of Unix binaries for Windows, and so is quicker than lisp. I
> recall that VM can default to a lisp version for base64 and uuencode,
> but obviously this is not as fast.

Okay, I see that I should add support for that to tramp-uu.el.  But
as it is an optimization only...

Wait a second.  Tramp tries to run uuencode, too.  See
tramp-coding-commands.  So you're saying that Tramp didn't run
uuencode in the right way?

How do you run that uuencode under Windows so that it reads standard
input and writes standard output?

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)