Re: New Tramp with uuencode on Windows

From: Rainer Thiel
Subject: Re: New Tramp with uuencode on Windows
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 22:30:31 +0200

At 16:43 15.09.02, Kai Großjohann wrote:
Does this patch help?  I forgot to actually load tramp-uu.el
which contains the new uuencode-in-Lisp implementation...

Yes, it does help, and it now seems to work fine. To be honest, performance is not great when loading a file, but it does work. Many thanks indeed!! I have now accessed the file you know on the server, changed it, and written it back to the server transparently.

I find disturbing one feature (may I call it a bug?): When I access ("find") a file in Emacs, I exspect to see the pertaining buffer in the current window when the file's been loaded. This disturbingly is not the case when accessing a remote file with (tramp and) plink: I have to dig it from from the buffer list instead.

I am confident most of the work is done and this is only a relatively easy refinement's left to be made.

Thanks a lot again,

Rainer

--
Priv.-Doz. Dr. Rainer Thiel
FB 10, Klass. Phil. - D-35032 Marburg, Germany (EU)