Re: Feature request/suggestion

From: David Hanak
Subject: Re: Feature request/suggestion
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 23:54:02 +0200

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> Currently, the checks are performed by sending a single command to the other
> end, then waiting for the shell prompt, then sending another command, and so
> on.  I think it could be quite a bit faster to send a shell script that does
> all the detecting in one go.  This would also avoid all the problems with
> caching.  There is already a little bit of that -- setting the remote path is
> done with a single shell script.  It works quite well.

Right.  You might consider Skip's suggestion, too, i.e., store the script
remotely, it might save some time.  We could have an alist, cars as regexps
matching hosts, cdrs storing the path to the remote initialization scripts.
If a host is not found in this list, send the script instead.  How does
that sound?

--
David