Re: Feature request/suggestion

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Feature request/suggestion
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:22:11 +0200 (MEST)

> Right.  You might consider Skip's suggestion, too, i.e., store the script
> remotely, it might save some time.  We could have an alist, cars as
> regexps
> matching hosts, cdrs storing the path to the remote initialization
> scripts.
> If a host is not found in this list, send the script instead.  How does
> that sound?

It seems that there is a misunderstanding: of course I'm happy about any
contributions in this direction.  My suggestion of using a different method than
caching to make things faster is only a suggestion.  If somebody implements
caching then of course I'm happy to incorporate that into Tramp.

(There is only the paperwork issue to be considered.)

Kai

--
I like BOTH kinds of music!