Re: imap-hash.el and tramp-imap.el

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: imap-hash.el and tramp-imap.el
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:24:59 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> MA> This I have fixed. However, there is still the warning for
> MA> `tramp-imap-get-message-headers. You could check the source code; this
> MA> function does not seem to be defined, indeed.
>
> I removed the file-local-copy handler.  From looking at the source it
> seems that it's automatically filled-in by Tramp, so the implementation
> was not necessary.  The function I removed (commented out until you
> decide what's next) was left over from the old tramp-imap and I didn't
> hit it in any of my testing; sorry for the annoyance.

OK, I'll check it.

I've checked in some changes as well.

* 'assoc must also be required in tramp-imap.el, you were right.

* I've implemented handlers for `copy-file', `insert-directory' and
  `rename-file'. `copy-file' and `rename-file' need optimization, when
  both files are located on the IMAP server, maybe you can have a look
  on them. I did also extend `tramp-imap-put-file' and
  `tramp-imap-get-file' because of this.

* Some few other, minor fixes.

Next days, after some further tests, I'll bring tramp-imap.el to Emacs CVS.