uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] Unable to use UISP on stk500 after last firmware update

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] Unable to use UISP on stk500 after last firmware update by AVRStudio
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:25:12 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Arnaud Stevins wrote:

:) Hello,
:)
:) I have a question regarding UISP on Linux RH8.0 . It used to work great
:) but is now completely unable to recognize my stk500 board since
:) avrstudio upgraded the board firmware to version 1.14 (0x01, 0x0e) a few
:) days ago. AVRStudio works fine, however.
:)
:) I am using the latest (12012002) version of uisp with the latest patch
:) but it doesn't seem to help.
:)
:) Is there any solution out of this ? Iam a bit surprised since the stk500
:) protocol was published by Atmel, so I thought it would be relatively
:) stable and independent of firmware upgarde ???
:)
:) Is it just me or is it a general problem ? Any help would be greatly
:) appreciated.

This is the first I've heard of firmware version 1.14. Which version of
avrstudio installed this for you? I'll have to get my home stk500 board
updated to that before I can dig into fixing.

Ted Roth