uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] uISP wont program ATmega8 in STK500?

From: Jason Kyle
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] uISP wont program ATmega8 in STK500?
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:05:40 +1300

At 08:13 20/12/2002, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 address@hidden wrote:

:) I just got my STK500 and som AVR's today to start on a project.  I read
:) through the manual for the STK500, and got uisp to recognise the AT90S8515
:) that came with it, but I cant get it to recognise the ATmega8's I bought for
:) the project.  It keeps telling me "-dpart: Invalid name." when I try to
:) specify "ATmega8" or "auto" as the part name.
:)
:) What can I do to fix this?  According to the manual, the STK500 supports
:) programming the ATmega8.

Looking through the code in src/Stk500.C, I see that we still need the
struct SPrgParams entry for the mega8 (among others). That would be a good
place to start.

I'm planning on spending some quality time with uisp during the holidays
(the week of new years day). I don't have a mega8 for testing with though,
so I might need either a testing volunteer or a donation of a device. ;-)

Can do both - let me know if you get a more georaphically close offer as I doubt the mail service will get it to you on time from where I am :) Also had intended to spend time on stk500/avrisp/pavr/uisp stuff over the break.

:) PPS:  The list archive does not seem to be keeping the newer posts.  I
:) saw the replies to my post I sent the other day, but now they are gone?
:) Is there a problem with the list archive?

This looks to be fixed now. There was a mailman update on savannah and it
looks like many lists have messages missing from the archives, not just
uisp-dev.

What's probably happened is pipermail isn't being run as/when it should, check the mbox file (download from archives page) as it will likely have all messages which means they will all turn up in the html archives as soon as the problem is sorted. Unlikely they are lost.

Jason Kyle