viewmail-info

Re: [VM] delivery status notification

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] delivery status notification
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 14:43:56 +0100

Salome Södergran wrote:

> Thank you for the hint. Following the description in vm-rfaddons.el
> (which resides in a loaded path) I added the lines
>
> (require 'vm-rfaddons)
> (vm-rfaddons-infect-vm)
>
> at the end of my .vm-file, but with no effect whatsoever.

I don't actually recommend that people use all of vm-rfaddons.  Since
the package is not being maintained, you should be aware of what you are
using from the package and know how to turn it off if problems arise.
You should put something like:

(setq vm-enable-addons (cons 'return-receipt-to vm-enable-addons))

This will add the return-receipt-to feature and not the others.

Secondly, you would need to look through the vm-rfaddons.el file,
perhaps search for "return-receipt" and read the documentation of the
functions and customization settings.  You might need to set some things
in order to get it work.

Cheers,
Uday