viewmail-info

Re: [VM] delivery status notification

From: Salome Södergran
Subject: Re: [VM] delivery status notification
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 16:52:31 +0200

Uday Reddy <address@hidden> writes:

> You should put something like:
>
> (setq vm-enable-addons (cons 'return-receipt-to vm-enable-addons))

I have tried the following variants, with none of which I succeed:
1-2, 1-2-3, 1-2-4, 1-3, 1-4

[1] (require 'vm-rfaddons)
[2] (vm-rfaddons-infect-vm)
[3] (setq vm-enable-addons (cons 'return-receipt-to vm-enable-addons))
[4] (vm-rfaddons-infect-vm 2 '(return-receipt-to))

> Secondly, you would need to look through the vm-rfaddons.el file,
> perhaps search for "return-receipt" and read the documentation of the
> functions and customization settings.  You might need to set some things
> in order to get it work.

I do not wish to pretend that understand everything in that file but to me it
looks as if my settings ought to be alright.
But really, I do not think that the issue is worth the trouble ... As by
now (almost) everything else in vm is working just fine I am more than
happy!

best, salome