Re: [vile] vile-9.6j.patch.gz

From: Chris G
Subject: Re: [vile] vile-9.6j.patch.gz
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:14:20 +0000

OK, I have now installed a completely clean vile 9.6j on my fedora 7
system at work.  It's a new installation (since the disk failure) so
it's a complete build and install from scratch.

After remembering to add the "set file-encoding=utf-8" vile is now
working OK with utf-8 pound signs, thank you!

There is one minor issue, iso-8859-1 pound signs cause some confusion.
They are displayed as pound signs but confuse the cursor positioning.
Shouldn't they be shown as 'invalid character'?

Now to patch all my viles to 9.6j!

--
Chris Green