Re: [vile] Columns and linewrap

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Columns and linewrap
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:45:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Paul van Tilburg wrote:

It seems in nvi/vim I can do: set columns=80.
Then it works as I want to ("view time"), and in vim I can even
do: set linebreak.
So then it does no longer cut in the middle of words.

It's certainly doable...  At the moment of course, I've been working to
fix the remaining locale issues with the basic utf-8 support (have to
finish testing on win32, plus some test-builds to complete 9.6k).

If _that_ looks good, that would be 9.7

There are other locale issues as well - making the regular expressions know about the utf-8 encoded special character by their character-classes. (What we have now works, but it's not complete).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net