Re: [vile] :map and unicode

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] :map and unicode
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:09:09 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Christopher Illies wrote:

I get the same result - going on that path.  But looking at the output
from ":map!" for the working case (where I define the map in .vilerc)
versus the non-working (where I did it interactively, as you indicate),
I see a difference: for the latter, vile is showing the literal character
rather than the "^Vu0219" string.

If instead, I type ^V twice interactively, I do enter the same mapping.
The mapping using the doubled ^V works...

Thanks for the hints about pressing ^V twice when using mapping. That
works in the digraphs.rc file as well, at least for now.

agreed ("at least for now").  I'll dig deeper and see why the mapped
character doesn't work, etc.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net