Re: [vile] :map and unicode

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] :map and unicode
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 05:59:42 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Christopher Illies wrote:

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 08:34:49PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
[...]

I've gotten about half of this - part of it is a sign-extension bug (which
creates the odd characters), but after that, it seems that there's some
additional problem, which causes the UTF-8 to be inserted in the wrong order.

I'll continue to investigate.

However - just checking - on FreeBSD, you're using a port (I assume),
so my fixes probably won't be visible til a release (is that right?).

The ports collection of FreeBSD, which I used to install vile, allows
to compile from source and it is easy to include patches.

Speaking about patches: I noticed a number of patches:
vile-9.7.patch, and vile-9.7[a-h].patch.gz on the ftp site. None of
these is currently applied to the ports system. Do you recommend to
use them? I could file a bug report and try to get them included.

The first isn't useful (since that's the patch to apply to the last of
the 9.6's), but the others should be applied, since those are the interim
patches toward 9.8

For instance, the fix that I'm working on for "map!" should be in the vile-9.7i.patch.gz (in another day or so - this is the only external bug report that I recall).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net