Re: [vile] vile-9.7[stu] gets stuck "working..."

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] vile-9.7[stu] gets stuck "working..."
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 06:53:25 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009, Ramil Farkhshatov wrote:

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 05:42:50AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
..
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009, Ramil Farkhshatov wrote:
I got a second report this week (off-list).  I've not been able to
reproduce the bug, so I need help from someone who can...

I'm reproducing it by just pressing «dd» (that should kill a line).
I've discovered that enabling -ftree-vrp (included in -O2) gcc
optimization flag triggers the issue. I hope this information can be
useful.

That flag optimizes out "unnecessary" pointer/array checks (something
to be wary of, I guess, but doesn't seem to relate to signed/unsigned
conversions, which is where I'm guessing the problem lies).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net